Friday, November 17, 2023

Friendly Pink Poinsettias

Mornin' y'all!  I got four batches of cookie dough made yesterday...they all had to chill for at least two hours so I didn't bake any cookies yet, but that will happen today.  And I'll be making pie crust this weekend and then REALLY getting going on Thanksgiving prep starting Monday!

In the meantime, I had just enough time after making all that cookie dough to make a card.


I really liked this sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


Which I paired with the colors from Just Add Ink:


I just missed the deadline to enter their Choose Two challenge so I'm getting my card in early this time ; ) I quickly realized that these colors are all in the Inked Botanicals DSP stack, which made me think of using Inked & Tiled, but I didn't like the looks of the flower from that set cut out so I stamped some poinsettias from Ringed with Nature and I liked that.  I'm sure the Christmas card juggernaut is coming soon, I usually try to delay as much as possible because I love fall and Thanksgiving so much : )

Okay, time to get the kiddo ready to go to school.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Inked & Tiled, Ringed with Nature
Ink:  Pool Party, Petal Pink, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Pool Party, Thick Basic White, Inked Botanicals DSP Stack
Accessories:  Nested Essentials dies, Dimensionals, Fine Sparkle Gems

5 comments:

Polly said...

What a beautiful card! Love the soft colors and pretty papers! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)

foleysfriend said...

Such a pretty card. I love the patterned papers you chose. Any friend would be happy to receive such a great card. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

sue n.

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what a pretty card to send to a friend to let them know you are thinking of them! I like the color palette you chose, too!! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us again at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Chantell Randall said...

Great card - I love the bold and rustic papers. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jan said...

Wow! That is very impressive to be able to make 4 batches of cookie dough AND a beautiful card! I love your soft coloured poinsettias. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink and hope that your Thanksgiving is happy and safe. x