Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Get Lit

Good morning party people!  And today is going to be a VERY good day, the hubs is getting in this morning to surprise our kiddo who thinks he's arriving tonight.  We're all very excited.

I have a quick card to share that I managed to squeeze in between making pecan pie and pumpkin pie last night (two apple pies and a lemon pie are on the list for today).


I didn't think I was going to be making another card but I saw the CAS Colours &Sketches challenge and thought I could make something fast with it.  And I did!



I paired it with the colors from Global Design Project:



I kept my card very CAS by not die-cutting any of the parts and pieces for the Christmas lights, they're all stamped directly on the card base.  It was super easy to snip out the sentiment bits since it's all straight lines.  There is something wrong with my Poppy Parade ink pad and this is at least my second one, the top of the ink pad looks weird and it stamped pretty blotchy.  I did order a new one in the recent sale which is supposed to get here on Friday.

Anyway, I've got to get to it so I'll be ready to go see the hubs on time.  Much excitement!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Merry & Bright
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist, Poppy Parade, Pool Party
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Mini Dimensionals, Rhinestone Waves basic jewels

2 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy those Christmas lights are so festive with the bright red sentiment too and perfect for the sketch. Happy pie making (wish I was coming to yours for Thanksgiving lol!!) and I hope the surprise makes Ryan's day! Thanks for playing over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

Nancy said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!