Saturday, November 4, 2023

Poppy Pair

Happy Saturday, y'all!  I dropped Ryan off with his grandparents last night so I have today ALL TO MYSELF, which is awesome but also the house feels really quiet and a little sad without Ryan in it.  But I'm planning to enjoy myself with some scrapbooking and making some taco soup.  I did some extra stamping yesterday so I have a card to share.


I confess, I was going off of memory (frequently unreliable in my case, I should know better by now) for the Just Add Ink sketch but I think you can tell that it's where I started from:


Had I remembered it a bit more accurately, I would have placed the poppy pair a bit lower down.  I chose poppies for today's focal point due to the Festive Friday challenge:


From the list, I chose red (Poppy Parade, naturally), black, clean & simple, and poppies.  While I do still have quite a bit of the coordinating patterned paper with beautiful poppies all over it, I just couldn't make myself cut into it for this card ;) #hoarder Saving it for future scrapbook layouts, I suppose.  I decided to go with the simple "I love you" sentiment because I'm planning to send this card to my favorite veteran, the hubs.

Okay, I'm off for a quick trip to Target and then some quality crafting time.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Poppies, Softly Sketched
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Poppy Parade, Garden Green
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Poppy Moments dies, Dimensionals, Classic Matte Dots

4 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

A lovely CAS use of the sketch Christy, very elegant! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your CAS poppies are beautiful Christy - and now I know where to come when I've finally used up my paper (although I do have one unopened pack still - sshhhh!) I hope your quality time crafting day was productive - the house will be full of life again before you know it! Thanks for sharing with us over at Festive Friday!

Chantell Randall said...

Very pretty - I really love the font of your sentiment. Chantell Just Add Ink

Melva Peters said...

Love your CAS card! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday Challenges