Thursday, October 24, 2013

'50s Style

I think A-line dresses with pretty prints and pearl necklaces are very '50s, what do you think?


If only I could use the Dress Up Framelits to make new clothes for me.  Well, I don't wear dresses all that often, but maybe I would if the Framelits could make me-sized clothes : )  I think the flourish stamp behind the dress is kinda wallpapery, I think it works with the '50s vibe.

The photo isn't that great color-wise (it's REALLY sunny today!) but I used the colors from Create with Connie and Mary:


It would be more awesome with Baja Breeze : p  I miss my Baja Breeze!  But I love the Raspberry Ripple, so there's that.  I used last Friday's challenge from Sketch Frenzy Friday:


And hey, whaddya know, I *didn't* do leaves today!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Four You, Best of Shelli
Ink:  Soft Sky, Raspberry Ripple
Paper:  Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Birthday Basics DSP
Accessories:  Dress Up Framelits, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Petite Curly Label punch (on the end of the Very Vanilla strip), Basics Pearls

8 comments:

Deb said...

Love the Raspberry Ripple dress! And the flourish in the background is perfect! Great way to use the challenge colors! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary and for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

CCsMom said...

Yes, although I made a dress like that for myself when I was in high school and that was the early 70's. Didn't have the pearls yet, though . . . I believe what was in style then was a choker - I remember a velvet ribbon that had a charm hanging from the top of the ribbon so it rested on the ribbon, if you know what I mean. But I love your card.

Tanya said...

I love this card! and I agree- this style makes a great vintage dress! Great idea with the flourish image!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty, love the vintage dress and the flourish is perfect behind it! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

I love how you put the flourish behind the dress...it is just the perfect background to keep everything clean ad simple! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card! I love the flourish stamped by the dress. So glad you joined us for the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I like your idea about creating your own dresses, wouldn't that be easy! Great job with the framelits! Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Love the Raspberry dress and the flourish behind it is just a perfect touch of elegance, as is the lace under the sentiment! Beautiful card, simple and lovely!