Thursday, October 3, 2013

Two Bats

My husband knows this woman who has the nickname "Two Bats" because she sounds like the Count from Sesame Street when she laughs.  He just told me about her and her laugh this week, so perhaps I still had two bats on the brain when I made today's card.


This card was super-easy to put together; those patterned paper squares (from last year's Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP) were direct from my scrap pile, so I made this whole thing in under, like, 5 minutes.  Easy-peasy.  And it was fun to break out the ol' bat punch again : )  Plus it's always a bonus to use up some scraps.

The sketch is a modified version of the current Fab Friday challenge:


I think I can manage another card for the Friday Flashback tomorrow to make this whole week Halloweenie.  Ta-ta for now, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Best of Halloween
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP (retired)
Accessories:  bat punch (retired), Dimensionals, Tangerine Tango EP

3 comments:

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Spooky! Love the patterns and the colors! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Cute! I like the torn edge of the Basic Black layer…totally Halloween-y to me! The Tangerine Tango embossed sentiment adds a great touch as well! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Brenda Myers said...

Very cute card!! Love the bat punch!! I still use mine too!! :) Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!