Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Nachos: Starfruit Halloween

Happy Nacho day!  This week it's a color challenge:


And I could not resist doing another Halloween card.  I'd forgotten I had this "Happy Halloween" stamp until I pulled out Seasonal Sayings to make a different card that I haven't posted yet.  Anyway, I thought that stamp would be great with this color combo, so lookie:


I had a time getting the spiderweb to show up--it's the retired SU spiderweb embossing folder.  I meant to emboss it the other direction so it would be raised instead of impressed, but oops.  Didn't want to do it again so I just kept it.  I cut out the Labels Framelit shape before I did the embossing, then adhered that piece onto my stamped chevron paper with dimensionals before I added the sentiment banner.  Whatcha think?

Go check out what the other Nachos have done with these colors and then join us for some fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Seasonal Sayings, Positively Chevron
Ink:  Summer Starfruit, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Basic Black
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories:  Spiderweb EF (retired), Labels Collection Framelits, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

I do love the boldness of the chevron background stamp. It works VERY WELL with the Halloween cards. And I can discern the spider web embossing on the black piece. Very nice. I LIKE IT!

Tanya said...

This is adorable!I love that you punched out the black to let the chevron thru! And from the photo, I can't tell which way it's embossed- it looks great!