Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Flashback: Googly Ghouls

*singsong voice* Friday Flashback!!  Today's randomly-chosen retired stamp set is Googly Ghouls, appropriate for October, no?  Let's do the Monster Mash as we flash back!


I figured these not-at-all scary monsters would be good for baby books, so last year I used them for two books.  Same layout, just different DSP.  The one above was for a girl, and the next one was for a boy:


Because Basic Gray is more manly than Rich Razzleberry, or so I hear.


Frankie here made an appearance not that long ago for a Nacho challenge; I'm really surprised that I haven't used Googly Ghouls more than I have.  Maybe I just got it late in the season last year...sometimes it takes me a while to glomp onto a stamp set and by the time I get it, the holiday is past.  Oops.

Here's today's new card:


Well, I think it's all right but just not as awesome as it was in my head.  Hmm.  Grateful Greetings was last week's Friday Flashback and I just couldn't resist using it again for my ghoulish lineup.  I thought it would be fun to stamp the ghouls in colors instead of stamping in black and coloring in bits of them (the fact that this is so much faster than coloring bits has nothing to do with that decision).  I'd already stamped the ghouls when I went to look for a good Halloweenie paper to go with them, so the stripe is actually Cajun Craze as opposed to Tangerine Tango but I think it still kinda works.

Thanks for joining me for today's spooky Friday Flashback!  Have a great weekend.

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Googly Ghouls, Grateful Greetings
Ink:  Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Wicked Fun Specialty DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Dimensionals (under the bat)

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Those little ghouls also look like little babies themselves with their short arms and legs! So cute. I am READY FOR HALLOWEEN!!! I love this time of year anyway. Nice cards and scrapbook pages!