Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Too Kind Birthday Wishes

DUDE.  I've discovered my new favorite color combination:  Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Gumball Green.


However, I cannot claim that this combo was my idea; I found it on a new challenge site, As You See It.  This is their first color challenge, but I looked back through their first few (sketch) challenges and I liked them too so I'll have to add this one to my list of challenges to chase.  Here's their very cute challenge graphic:


I like the bird pic.  I got the sketch from Unscripted:


Though instead of the two circles on the left, I put some Candy Dots on the edges of my main image panel.  Not sure how successful that idea was, but I was trying for something different.

I already know who will receive this birthday card, and I know she won't see it beforehand because she's practically unplugged (and thus probably smarter than I am, since I lose hours on the Internet all the time).  Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Too Kind, Simply Sketched
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Gumball Green, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweater Weather DSP, retired Gumball Green DSP
Accessories:  Circles Collection Framelits, Brights Candy Dots, Dimensionals

7 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, I LIKE that -- and did you notice it is BAYLOR COLORS? I am thinking the person you are going to send this to is also a Baylor Bear -- am I right?! VERY nice. I like their graphic, too -- love the bird. And your design is very, very nice.

Tanya said...

I like the candy dots on the circle! That's a fun touch!

Heather Cooper said...

Great take on the colour challenge, Christy! I like the way you used the Pumpkin Pie as a little accent for a pop of extra colour. Good choice of paper for the flags! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenges this week!

dstandard said...

Such a pretty take on the sketch and color challenge! Thanks for playing at US!

Amanda said...

I really like the flags and candy dots are one of my new fave "go-to" accessories. Thanks for playing at AYSI. Look forward to seeing you play along with us more :)

Unknown said...

I love what you've done with this colour challenge! I really like the Candy Dots along the border of the frame too - I would never have thought of that placement, and it looks great! Thanks for playing along with the As You See It Challenge!

Unknown said...

First off, I gotta say I love your avatar pic. I'm a huge POTC fan!! Second, your card is awesome! Great use of the colours! Thanks for playing along at AYSI Challenge!