Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Flashback: Grateful Greetings

Welcome to this week's Friday Flashback!  Today's randomly chosen featured stamp set is Grateful Greetings, which has lots of great sentiments for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine's Day.  Just so happens that I have cards for all four of those holidays today!


How do you like this Parisian Valentine?  (I still just like the word Parisian, it's fun to say.)


One of these was up on the blog last month when I did the Falling Leaves Friday Flashback, so I thought I'd show you the two different versions I'd made of this card.


These were the Christmas cards we sent out the last year that we lived in Japan.

And for today's brand-new card:


Toldja I'd do another Halloween card.  The only problem I had while making this was that I'd picked out a sketch to use, but my main image panel ended up being too large and in charge to work with the sketch, so I kinda just went with this layout based on some DSP scraps I had (yay for using up more scraps).  Weirdly, it's almost identical to the Parisian Valentine card, and I didn't even look at that one before I made this one.  Regardless, I rather like the layout, what do you think?  I think I know who to send this one to.

The jack-o-lanterns' faces are stamped in craft Basic Black and embossed with Iridescent Ice EP, which looks really fun IRL but is kinda hard to capture in a photo.  Well, you can kinda see the sparkle, but it's better in person.  This was the first time I'd used my craft ink pad in quite a while and it looked like the Exxon Valdes in there--I think I re-inked it last time and it's now really, really messy.  Oops.

Anywha, I used the brand new color challenge over at Fab Friday:


Great Halloween colors, don'tcha think.  I like a good purple in the mix for Halloween.  Thanks for stopping by for today's Friday Flashback, have a great weekend!

Supplies, last card only, all SU!
Stamps:  Carved & Candlelit, Grateful Greetings (both retired)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Basic Black craft
Paper:  Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Whisper White, scraps of Howlstooth & Scaringbone and Cast-a-Spell DSP (both retired)
Accessories:  Iridescent Ice EP

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

There's LOTS of purple in the Halloween things here. And yes, I get the essence of the irridescence in the faces of the pumpkins. Nice! LOVE all the stamps on the Parisian card. How could you not? Have a great day!

Tanya said...

LOVE those embossed jack o'lanterns!! I used iridescent ice this week too! :)

Amanda Mertz said...

The II is perfect for those jack-o-lantern faces! I like the clean crisp lines in your layout! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Marla Reed said...

Too cute! I love the layout and the embossed faces are just so much fun. Great Halloween card! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Amy O said...

I love the sparkly pumpkin faces! Great use of all of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!