Monday, October 7, 2013

Raspberry Birthday Medallion

Monday again, but let's soften the blow with a nice birthday card, shall we?


This is for my friend Melissa, whom I've known for a ridiculously long time now : )  Since middle school, in fact.  The colors are from the Just Add Ink color challenge:


I think there should be more color challenges with Raspberry Ripple, I really like that color.  I'm not sold nearly as much on Primrose Petals, but I know I'll miss Raspberry Ripple when it retires.  And it's nice to see Sahara Sand in a color challenge since it rarely gets any love (though I quite like it) and of course Coastal Cabana is just awesome in general.

The sketch is from the folks over at Freshly Made Sketches:


I figured this sketch was just begging for me to use Daydream Medallions and the coordinating Framelits, so I did.  A bit of Afternoon Picnic DSP and a flower accent, and this card was done!

Thanks for stopping by, and go have a stampy Monday : )

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Daydream Medallions, Best of Flowers, Bring on the Cake
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple, Coastal Cabana, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Raspberry Ripple, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Afternoon Picnic DSP
Accessories:  Floral Frames Framelits, 1 1/4" scallop circle punch, Dimensionals

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Wow, Christy, I absolutely LOVE this one. And I really like how the one circle design fits exactly within the 2nd. Just awesome. Love the colors, too. I'm sure Melissa will love the card.

And BTW, those Baylor Bears of yours are doing an awesome job in FOOTBALL. They are ranked higher than the OSU Cowboys and have been racking up the points in humongous numbers. It's been something to see. I know you don't care . . . but some people are excited about it. Dad isn't so anxious for them to play his Cowboys, though. Baylor beat the team OSU lost to the previous weekend -- and quite soundly. Go Bears!

Linda Suarez said...

Mmm...I love those colors! Great use of the medallions and dies! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Christine Blain said...

Christy, this is a beautiful birthday card for your friend! Don't these colours look awesome together? Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

KimB said...

The medallion images look stunning Christy. I'm a big fan of Raspberry Ripple too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Tina said...

Gorgeous card! Gotta agree with you about Sahara Sand :) Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, I really like the spotty background and beautiful swirly sentiment. Chantell JAI