Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Tower

So last week I was supposed to be doing housework, but instead I did a scrapbook layout.  Check it out!


You can see the pictures better if you check out my other blog here and here.  I wanted a raven on here because of the legend about how if the ravens ever abandon the Tower of London, then England will fall...somehow, the only raven stamp I have is from Toxic Treats but that ornate gate he's on looks right at home on this layout.  The big crown on the upper left is to represent the Crown Jewels, and the three smaller ones are for the three English queens who were executed at the Tower--Anne Boleyn, Catherine Howard, and Jane Grey (the Nine Days Queen).  So my layout is all symbolic and stuff!

I am SO excited to be back in the scrappin' groove, and actually I've been creating things faster than I can post them (even doing 5 posts a week).  And because I am SUCH a dork (dorkicus maximus, that's me) and I enjoy drawing random names out of a hat for the Friday Flashback post every week, I wrote down all the events I still need to scrap on little bits of paper to do a scrapbook random draw too.  I think that choosing the pictures to scrap was slowing me down because I'm so far behind, so the random draw makes that part much easier and I like the element of surprise about what I'm doing next.  Whee!

Cheers, peeps!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Carry On (larger crown), Elementary Elegance (smaller crown), Letterpress Alphabet, Rough Type Alphabet, Toxic Treats
Ink:  Night of Navy, Basic Gray
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry, Eastern Elegance DSP
Accessories:  SAMJ

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

You are just TOO FUNNY.

It's dreary out and we're supposed to get lots of rain. The temps, however, are in the 70's, so that just makes it muggy. Yuk.

Hope you are doing great. My eye is healing fine as I had it looked at today. Ready to get the other eye scheduled now. I'm anxious to be back to "normal", if that's what you call us. Ha!

Tanya said...

:) great idea about surprising yourself with what to make next! I love how you added the crowns and raven to pull in the history!