Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Flashback: Stars & Swirls

Guess what?  Today is my first blogiversary here at Snapdragon Stamps.  Yay!  With that in mind, I thought for today's Friday Flashback that it would be fun to feature the very first Stampin' Up! stamp set that I ever bought, Stars & Swirls.  So sit back and relax with a cuppa if you so desire, because today's Flashback is going to be longer than most as I love this stamp set : )


You might guess from the name that this little stamp set has both stars and swirls in it, though I admit I use the stars more than the swirls.  Like my mom, I'm a sucker for all kinds of papercrafty things featuring stars (and plaid, but probably not together).  This one also features Happy Everything which is one of my all-time favorite sentiment sets.


Ok, so this one is old-old-old from not long after I started stamping and before I discovered sketch challenges so I only had like three layouts for cards : )  I do still love polished stone though...greeting from A Greeting for All Reasons.


It's a license plate!  I thought it was cool for a Father's Day card.  Letters from Well-Worn Alphabet & Numbers.


I think I made a bunch of these for stamp club not long after I became a demonstrator.  Look, it opens up:


Fun, right?  Other stamp sets used are Letterpress Alphabet, Swirling Stars jumbo wheel, and one of the All-Year Cheer sets (what, they blend together).


Here's one with the swirl!  This layout also features my favoritest-ever scrapbook layout sketch.  I love it so much that I have to try to limit myself to using it ONLY once in any given album.  


More stars on a baby book!  Other stamps from House of Haunts.


And here's a layout from the first-ever baby book I ever made; also features Star-Spangled Banner.


Here's some gold embossing on gold cardstock and some gold Pearl-Ex on the card base, and again a sentiment from AYC.  I never much got into Pearl-Ex so I wasn't sad when SU! quit selling it.  I think this might be the only time I used it...and the only reason I had any was because someone else gave it to me.

So that's it for the vault, here's today's new creation:


I used this week's SCS sketch and three of my favorite colors:  Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, and Raspberry Ripple.  I quite like those three colors together, I'll have to try that again sometime.

Thanks for joining me for this week's special blogiversary Friday Flashback!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Stars & Swirls, Happy Everything
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White craft
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
Accessories:  Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Yes, I REALLY like your card today. LOVE the colors! BOLD statement! And what's NOT to like about stars? Just lovely.

Tanya said...

I don't know if I've ever used the swirls in this set- and your license plate card ROCKS! :) So does the color combo on your newest card!