Thursday, October 10, 2013

Starry Birthday

So, astrologically speaking, I'm an Aquarius, as is my husband.  Aside from other Aquarians, Aquarius is supposed to get along very well with Libra, which explains why I've got so many birthday cards to make in October for all my friends : )


I've kinda been enjoying this peekaboo thing with Framelits lately, haven't I?  This one went out to my little brother Mark, whose birthday was on Tuesday, so I hope it's non-girly enough.  I like the colors together--Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Crushed Curry.  Of course, Pool Party and Island Indigo always look good together so it's not hard to find a third to go with them.

I used this sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping:


It's been too long since I made a card with one of their sketches.  I quite like this one.

Anywha, I used SU's retired star punches to punch out all three stars, though it wouldn't be too hard to snip 'em with scissors.  I find it somewhat amusing they still come out with stamp sets that coordinate with retired punches, but I like that 'cause I've got the retires punches ; )

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simply Stars, Banner Greetings
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Island Indigo
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Pool Party, Whisper White, Simply Sent DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Circle Framelits, retired star punches, Dimensionals

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Oooo, I really like that one, too -- but you know me and stars. AND punches -- just bought a new one that came out -- it's a large heart with a tiny one up near the top on one side. It's simple, but I liked it and it was ON SALE!!! And yes, as the fall season ramps up to Christmas, I see things I WANT and go ahead and buy them. BAD ME! But I really like those blues. They are great with the pop of gold.