Monday, October 28, 2013

Christmas Rose

Honestly, I don't want to think about making Christmas cards yet; I'm having too much fun with fall cards.  But last week's SCS color challenge was definitely Christmasy so here it is anyway.


Dude, I think that picture is practically life-sized.  I'd stamped a couple roses tone-on-tone with Cherry Cobbler ink when I thought hey, I wonder how this would look with the 2-step stamping done with gold EP?  So here's the answer, and I still have a pair of cherry-red roses waiting for the next project to come along.

The sketch is courtesy of the folks over at Freshly Made Sketches, I love sketches like these with lots of room for the imagination.

So there you have it, an early Christmas card.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Stippled Blossoms, En Francais, Christmas Messages
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, VersaMark
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Season of Style DSP
Accessories:  Gold EP, Dimensionals

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

VERY nice. I love plaid for Christmas, too -- I think your first Christmas dress was red plaid and your hair was done up in little curly pigtails. I really like the gold on the flower, too. VERY, VERY nice.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful Christmas card! The flower is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Very pretty Christmas card! Love that flower and the gold embossing is perfect for the holidays! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tanya said...

The gold embossing is a really cool detail!! And its lovely for Christmas!