Thursday, October 30, 2014

Blackberry Blooms

My love affair with Blackberry Bliss continues unabated.


And also my obsession with embossing powder.  I swear, I can do things besides emboss images and watercolor them.  I mean, oy with the poodles already.  Maybe I'll do something different tomorrow.  Anyway, Garden Green just happens to be my favorite green, and I'm so glad that finally SU! is using it on some patterned paper and I've seen it pop up here and there on color challenges, like the new one from Colour Me:


You could pick either combination for this challenge; I do love the colors on the other side too.  But Blackberry Bliss and Garden Green won out.  I also used a teensy bit of Hello Honey/Crushed Curry (really, they're practically the same color) because I needed something for my flower centers.  And also the Candy Dot because it needed to be a visual triangle of yellow.  I don't make the rules, y'all.

I also used this week's challenge from Freshly Made Sketches:


And that's it for me today, peeps.  I'm off to do...something.  I was up way too late last night so I'm all tired today but I WILL NOT take a nap.  So that means I have to do something.  Wish me luck.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bloom with Hope, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Versamark, Blackberry Bliss, Garden Green, Hello Honey
Paper:  Basic Gray, Blackberry Bliss, Garden Green, Whisper White, Park Lane DSP
Accessories:  Banners & Circles Framelits, Word Window & Modern Label punches, Silver EP, Dimensionals, Argyle EF

3 comments:

Amy O said...

I can see why you love embossing and watercoloring -- you do lovely work with these two techniques. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

CCsMom said...

I think the yellow just caps it off. LOVE THAT PURPLE!!! My favorite dress in the world has purple and green on it. LOVE the combo. The card is beautiful.

I'm dressed as a witch today (well, kinda), but I'm feeling a little punky. I think I'm going home at lunch and lay down. It's something stomach-related. And I WILL take a nap.

Jen Mitchell said...

Embossing and water coloring go hand in hand so keep on! I love how the water color gives depth to your flowers. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and Colour Me...!