Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fall Color Blocks

I told you I liked that sketch from yesterday.


So I couldn't resist using it again, this time for some punchy color blocks.  The block in the lower left is brushed gold cardstock, and it shows up a little better against the Crumb Cake textured background IRL than it does in the photo.  I used the color challenge from Colour Q:


I added in the Crumb Cake and gold, though.  And again the sketch is from Paper Players:


This took me a lot longer to make than it should have.  I just seem to be moving slow today and it's already time to start making dinner!  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  For All Things
Ink:  Versamark, Island Indigo
Paper:  Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, Brushed Gold, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss, Dusty Durango (to make it all current, you could use Old Olive and Cajun Craze instead of the last two colors)
Accessories:  1" square punch, Fall Fun Framelits, Woodgrain EF, Dimensionals, Gold EP

5 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Cool design. I love how you showed off the colors with the leaves and squares. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

laurie said...

What a great fall card, I love the embossed background with the leaves!Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Andrea W said...

Great combination of challenges. The colours make an awesome fall card. So glad you shared your creation at The Paper Players.

stampwithsandy said...

Love your color blocking, Christy! Great colors and great way to combine the challenges. The little leaves are so sweet. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge at The Paper Players!

Elizabeth said...

I love how you use more than one challenge in your cards. When I grow up I want to be like you!