Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bite Me

YAY OCTOBER!  I love October.  I can't wait to make iced pumpkin coffee cake (a.k.a. pumpkin crack) and break out my tea stash again.  I've had a cup or two in the past couple of weeks, it's still a little bit warm for hot tea :)  October also means Halloween, and so here's a spookariffic card for you!


I do tend to say "bite me" with a fair amount of frequency (possibly because Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my favorite TV shows?) so I couldn't resist the Bite Me photopolymer stamp set when it came out last year.  And then I made a card with it and DIDN'T use the bite me stamp!  So now I've fixed that problem :)  The other stamps I used are again from last month's Paper Pumpkin kit.  Haven't made the little treat bags that came in the kit but I'm having fun with the stamps!

I used this week's Color Throwdown:


And the Paper Players sketch:


Love this sketch, I might have to use it again soon.

Happy October, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bite Me, My Paper Pumpkin September 2014 kit
Ink:  Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  1" square punch

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your fun Halloween creation! Great idea using the web in the BG! Always happy to see your creations in our gallery! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome use of the colors and the sketch! Love the spookiness with the spiderwebs! Thanks for joining us for the Throwdown.

Ann Schach said...

What an awesome Halloween card! I LOVE the spiderwebs stamped on the card base. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is such a festive Halloween card! Love the spider web background to ground all your spooky elements! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Broni said...

I was going to say this was cute, but it's really spooky! And so much fun! LOVE the "Bite me"!! Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable!! Wonderful use of the sketch and colors!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!