Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Nachos: Leafy Thanks

Y'all!  I've only been in Alabama for a few months but already my DRAWL is showing.  But today is Nacho Average Challenge day!  And that means it's time for a great sketch:


What do you think of that???  I pondered while I was jogging...it helps me if I have something to think about when I run because I hate running.  But anyway, since it's October (even if it still feels like a sauna here), I thought I'd go with some fall leaves and a thank you card.


We had cooler weather for a New York minute and then it went back to being Alabama.  I'm 'bout to MELT, y'all.  Think cool thoughts for me, wouldja?  Anyway, it wasn't until I uploaded this picture onto the computer that I thought maybe I shouldn't have put the card on the dark wood furniture to photograph :)  At least the card matches the background?  And also, So Saffron plus Pumpkin Pie plus Cherry Cobbler makes a great fall color combination.  I added in some Soft Suede and Early Espresso too.  And now I'm a teensy bit hungry for pumpkin pie and cherry cobbler.

Anyway, I've nattered on long enough.  Go check out the Nacho blog and then make your own pretty creation!  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  For All Things (I stamped the larger watermark-y stamp and die cut the leaves out of it, then sponged the edges of them...and did the same on the flags at the top), Lots of Thanks, Hardwood
Ink:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Soft Suede, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Fall Fun Framelits (say that three times fast), Hexagon punch, Neutrals Candy Dots

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh yum, cherry cobbler. I think I need some.

I really like this card -- and the colors. I like the background WITH the colors. Great job!

Tanya said...

This IS a fun sketch and card! I love the pairing of the leaves and the wood grain! :)