Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hey, Sunshine

I took the dogs for a walk this morning and we got *poured* on just at the very end--two more minutes and we would have made it home without getting soaked.  And this is kinda what it looks like outside right now:


So I guess I'll have to go running after all.  :p  Anyway, my celestial card colors are courtesy of the Color Throwdown


I love bright colors.  I used Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Pacific Point, set off with a healthy dose of Basic Black.  You can't tell from the picture, but I used Shimmery White cardstock so the sun has a subtle sheen goin' on that's very pretty IRL.  And I used the sketch from the Paper Players


I actually wanted to use it for my Friday Flashback post this week since I know what stamp set it's going to be, but I just couldn't wait that long :D

Time to get my running shoes on.  Enjoy the sunshine, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Ray of Sunshine
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point
Paper:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Corner Rounder, 1 1/4" circle, and Artisan Label punches, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE the sun image! Totally awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown!

Wanda Cullen said...

It was a rainy, cloudy day in my part of the world as well. Love your ray of sunshine card! Great way to feature the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with us again this week!

CCsMom said...

I really like that sun, too. It reminds me of Sunday Morning on CBS, the TV show. In between segments, they have a different sun with a face. So cool. Great colors.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome! The sun was a great way to use the Throwdown colors, and I love the way you used the sketch.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, that sun is so pretty with the two yellows. Nice use of the colors. Thank you for playing with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I adore the sunshine! Great use of that stamp set! The colors look fabulous, too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Ann Schach said...

Such a happy and cheerful card! I absolutely love this sun. This is one of my favorite sets. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players the week!

Vickie Z said...

Love that smiling sun!! Great use of the sketch and colors!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!