Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Starry Night

We had a giant thunderstorm roll through on Monday night, and it's been a lot cooler since that happened.  I'm LOVIN' IT.  Drinkin' my tea and having iced pumpkin coffee cake for breakfast because the hubs forgot to take it in to work with him (we don't communicate well before five a.m.) and *somebody* has to eat it for breakfast so that means it has to be me.  But anyway, I have a card to share!


I think this actually looks better IRL than it does in the picture.  And also I need to get some new plates for my Big Shot, the ones I have are too warped to sit flat and let the magnetic platform work properly so the Framelit shifted a little bit on its way through.  Oh well.  And I just got the Lucky Stars embossing folder yesterday!  Love that.  Well, like my mama, I love stars.  And purple.  And I only wear silver jewelry, so I guess this card is both her and me all over.


There's the inside.  I thought about just leaving it blank, since the star could be pretty much for anything, but I liked the idea of doing another star on the inside with the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss on top of it.  And also, I think I want to marry Blackberry Bliss.  Sorry, hubs.  ;)

I'm going to enter this in the Inkspirational challenge to use silver and purple:


I should get triple points for using silver glimmer paper, brushed silver cardstock, and silver embossing powder on the front of the card.  And I used Smoky Slate on the inside, so maybe that's quadruple points.

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bright & Beautiful (buy eeeet!)
Ink:  Versamark, Smoky Slate, Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Brushed Silver, Silver Glimmer paper, Whisper White
Accessories:  Silver EP, Stars Framelits, Dimensionals, Lucky Stars EF

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Stunning!! :)
I'm on a blackberry kick too!

CCsMom said...

This IS you and me all over!!! LOVE that embossing folder, of course. And the colors -- YES!!! You hit this one out of the ballpark!

Kim M said...

What a beautiful card! Love that big ornate star! Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)