Thursday, October 16, 2014

I Am Not Left-Handed

Oy.  I've been having trouble with my right wrist for several years now, but usually it's only cranky if I do things like pushups or moving a lot of boxes.  As of yesterday I think that my wrist is starting a shock and awe campaign.  Yeah Mom, I know:  I need to see a doctor.  Surgery may be in my future.

But let's ignore that for now and see what I made today.


This stamp set is on the page in the catalog where they talk all about coloring with Blendabilities, but I don't have those so I went old skool and colored with my ink pad lids, with a bit of marker to really make the shadows deeper.  I started out with this awesome color palette from The Color Throwdown:


My colors ended up more saturated though so I wonder if I can still count this for the challenge?  Plus I had to use a bit of Pool Party to give my paper lanterns a background.

I was a little better about sticking closely to the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


Well, a little better anyway ;)

That's it for me, typing one-handed is slow going.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Today & Everyday
Ink:  Versamark, Crushed Curry, Real Red, Pool Party, Early Espresso, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla, Real Red, Flashback DSP
Accessories:  Early Espresso EP

8 comments:

Amy O said...

Very cute! I like this dsp with this stamp set. And your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lori said...

So pretty! Your watercoloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Chris H. said...

I love it. The colors are great...and the image looks good too! So many people are doing entire scenes surrounding a simple image...and back in 'the day' when I first learned stamping...it was clean, simple, uncomplicated. Very well done.
;-)

Deborah Frings said...

Great combination of the challenges! I do like the image and the sentiment too - a very happy card!

Vickie Z said...

Love these lanterns....watercoloring is fantastic!! Great use of the sketch!! Thxs for playing at CTD!!

Jen Timko said...

Such a great use of that image stamp!! Wonderful card! Glad to see you this week at FMS (but really, go get that wrist checked)! :-)

Wanda Cullen said...

These lanterns are perfect for the throwdown colors! LOVE the card! Happy to have you playing along with us again at Color Throwdown!

CCsMom said...

Hey, I forgot to comment on this card. LOVE the oriental influence. Nice colors!