Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday Flashback: Symbols of Solicitude

Ok, so I'm just running late all week :)  But it's still Friday and we're still doing the Friday Flashback!  Today's featured stamp set is Symbols of Solicitude, which lives in the same stamp case as the similar set Kanji.  Having lived in Japan for almost three years, of course I have to have pretty much all the Oriental stamp sets that SU! makes.  So let's go!


The picture doesn't show it very well, but I stamped the "peace" kanji and embossed it with silver on the left page.

Also features Embrace Life
What is it about Japanese/Chinese stuff and the color red?  Yep, I use them together a lot.

Also uses Kanji
This was a wedding present for a friend of mine; she wanted something Japanese (and nope, they're not Asian at all).  I made both the card and the cross-stitched piece.  And now for today's new card:


Still red, I couldn't help it :)  I'll just need to remember this card next February when my friend Chris' birthday rolls around, I think he'd like this.  I based it on a past Retro Sketch:


The card actually came together really fast once I finally got in my craft room to work on it.  I'm gonna get back in the groove so I can have posts ready ahead of time, it's my new goal.  For now though, thanks for joining me for this week's Friday Flashback and have a great weekend!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Symbols of Solicitude, Four You
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Haiku DSP
Accessories:  Hexagon punch (to flag the ends of the sentiment strip), Dimensionals, Square Lattice EF

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Now that was the trip of a lifetime. I love both cards -- the first one looks antique and the 2nd one is gorgeous, too. LOVE IT!!!