Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Nachos: Birthday Bloom

Happy Tuesday!  Are you ready for another great color combination from Nacho Average Challenges?  Because we've got one for you!


Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry are two of my favorite SU colors (um, I have lots of favorites) and of course Basic Black just makes them pop even more.  So I decided to go with a black card base:


I hope that it looks cool and modern for a birthday card and not over-the-hill-y.  I would have preferred to use three Bermuda Bay Candy Dots but wouldn't you know, I only had two left.  Dangit.  Anyway, I just got the hostess set Bloom with Hope so I couldn't resist trying it out today!  I stamped the image with Versamark and embossed with black EP, which seems to be my favorite thing to do lately (sometimes it's black, sometimes it's Early Espresso, but it's a lot of heat embossing).  I watercolored the flower and then added in some darker bits with a Bermuda Bay marker, and I used a Crushed Curry marker for the flower center too so that it would be nice and saturated color.  Love how that flower turned out.  I stamped some smaller flowers on the inside of my card too.

So you know it's your turn now!  If you need more inspiration, check out the Nacho blog and then...happy stampin'!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bloom with Hope
Ink:  Versamark, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, retired Crushed Curry DSP (what, I was using up scraps)
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits, Black EP, Candy Dots, Dimensionals

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I LOVE this card. I especially like the effect of the stripes on the crushed curry. And the black is great with the two colors. Great job!