Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday Flashback: Best Fiends

Happy Halloween, folks!  I had randomly drawn the name of another, non-Halloween stamp set for today's Friday Flashback, but since it's Halloween I couldn't resist:  I had to feature my favorite Halloween ghouls, Best Fiends!  So let's take a Friday Flashback with Frankie, Drac, and Agnes.


That trick-or-treat bag wasn't easy to fussy cut but I loved how it looked on Frankie's card here :)

Also features Rough Edges Alphabet and Flannel Plaid
I have a friend whose birthday is today so this was his birthday card one year.  I love the bats on this one--I stamped them in Basic Black on Vintage Violet paper (this was back when we had Vintage Violet as an In Color) and then colored in their eyes with white gel pen.


This was a first birthday party invitation for my friend's daughter, who was also born on Halloween.

Also features House of Haunts, From the Crypt, and Background Basics

And now we're up to baby book pages!  One of the stamps in Background Basics is a pattern of circles with little dots inside them, and I love that for these pages because it kinda sorta suggests eyeballs without actually being eyeballs.

Also features House of Haunts and Background Basics

This was the baby book layout for the little girl whose birthday is on Halloween.  It took FOR.EV.ER. to color in all three Best Fiends, but since her mama is a total Halloween nut I just had to go the extra mile on this layout.

Also features House of Haunts, From the Crypt, and Background Basics
One more baby book layout that's pretty much the same as the first one on this post, but different colors.  The spider stamp is from Best Fiends but I never gave him a name.  The pumpkin from House of Haunts would be Jack, obviously.  So on to the new card creation for today!


I couldn't help it, I had to choose Agnes.  And I knew exactly what patterned paper I wanted to use on here too, I love the Perfect Plum worked into the Cast-a-Spell DSP.  You can't tell from the photo but I sponged some Soft Sky behind Agnes, it looks good IRL.  But what really makes me smile about this card is the inside:


Bwahahahaaaaa!  I've seen people do cards with Agnes and this sentiment from Edgy Eloquence before, but I never put them together my own self until now and I love it.  I think this card will give the recipient a giggle even if I'm not sending it off until today (my bad).  I used the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary:


It kinda seemed like a lot of layers at first but when I saw the design team's work with the sketch I thought hey, I can do that.  I kind of wish I'd done the sketch as a mirror image because there's some blank space under the front of Agnes' broom but oh well.  It wasn't big enough to put the bat in there (who also doesn't have a name, man did I drop the ball) so it had to stay blank.

Anyway, that's it for me this week.  Have a wonderful Halloween, everyone!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Best Fiends, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Edgy Eloquence
Ink:  StazOn Black (someone remind me to get an ink refill for this!), Pumpkin Pie, Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Basic Gray, Soft Sky, Whisper White
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Cast-a-Spell DSP
Accessories:  Oval Framelits, Word Window & Modern Label punches, Regals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

So glad you played along! I think sometimes less is more and your card nails it! You don't want to take away from that sweet little witch! Thanks for playing along in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb said...

Love your Agnes card! What fun!! It just makes me giggle! Love that dsp, too! Everything works great together! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn said...

Oh Wow! That witch image and the background DSP work perfectly with this sketch for a definitely Happy Halloween card!! How fun! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge!!

Connie Babbert said...

Ugh...I'm mad at myself that I sold that stamp set. I thought it was SOOO great for Halloween! Love your witchy-poo and finished inside with the spider. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

CCsMom said...

SO CUTE! I love the patterned paper, too. So cool. LOVE Halloween, don't you? Great job on ALL of the cards.

Nicole Tugrul said...

Love it!! It's so fun to bring back old favorites!! The witch looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The witch is crazy cute and made me giggle! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary with us this week!