Thursday, October 9, 2014

Distractions

Yesterday evening I got the latest Percy Jackson book (just came out on Tuesday!) so I was up late last night reading that and then spent a good portion of the day today finishing it up.  And now I need to reread the book that came before it and then read this one a second time.  Which is why it's now 7 p.m. and I'm just now posting today's card :)


No sketch or color challenge today, I kind of made this up as I went.  I wish I'd placed the color blocks a little better, but what can ya do.  I had to do the blocks first since I misted the blocks with water before stamping them, and the stamped trees would have run if I'd done them first.  But anyway, I think this counts for the current SUO Challenge to make a card with something you'd find in the woods.

Anyway, I imagine my hubs is getting hungry for dinner :)  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Tags 4 You
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Bracket Tag punch, Neutrals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the fall colors and the color blocking with Lovely As A Tree looks fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges:-)

Julia said...

Lovely colours and effect with the blocks, Christy, thanks for joining in the challenge at SUO!!

CCsMom said...

LOVE this!!! The colors are gorgeous and I love how the color blocks are place. Making me think it IS actually fall. Yay! Best time of the year ever!

Connie Babbert said...

Wonderful look with the random block background! Really sets off the row of trees. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Karen Barber said...

Lovin that shadow stamping!! Beautiful card!!