Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Flashback: Rue des Fleurs

Happy Friday and welcome to the Friday Flashback!  In case you're new here, a.) welcome to Snapdragon Stamps! and b.) every Friday I choose the name of a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set from my stash, dig up all my old projects made with it, and share a new creation.  This week's Friday Flashback is woefully short...the featured stamp set, Rue des Fleurs, is one that I like a lot but haven't used much at all.  So let's get started!


Yep, that's the whole Flashback.  After I'd stuck everything down, I *really* wished that I had sponged the edges of the patterned paper triptych to make them feel more of a piece with the focal point.  Coincidentally, my new card for today has somewhat similar colors:


The other images in the set include a trumpet, a corset with flowers, and a fountain pen, and while I like them I haven't figured out how to use them.  Sometimes that happens, I get a stamp set that I like but just can't think what to do with it.  Oh well.  Anyway, today's card layout is brought to you by Freshly Made Sketches:


I had to make mine landscape rather than portrait since the umbrella image is so big.  I used the Pals Paper Arts color challenge for my palette:



I used some Soft Suede in there too since it's a neutral and a Dynamic Duo with Early Espresso.

That's it for me this week, I've got to go get in the garage and start putting prices on items for the garage sale tomorrow.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Rue des Fleurs
Ink:  Versamark, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Early Espresso, Soft Suede
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla, Everyday Enchantment DSP
Accessories:  Circle Framelits, Large Oval & Decorative Label punches, Dimensionals, Early Espresso EP

6 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Lovely card Christy! Love that embossed background! Great job with the colouring! I like to pull out old stamp sets as well. It's especially helpful for people who can't always be buying the latest and greatest! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

Very sweet vintage card, Christy. Perfect stamp set for the PPA colors. Love the shading and coloring... adds to the vintage appeal. Thanks for including the PPA color challenge in your stamping fun this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet sweet umbrella! Pretty vintage look! So glad you joined us at FMS and PPA!

Shannon Jaramillo said...

Such a pretty card! The umbrella is colored beautifully! Thanks for playing along with the PPA challenge!

CCsMom said...

Very nice. The stamp is kind of odd, but that's the feeling I get when I look at some old photos anyway. Vintage . . . very nice colors! I LIKE IT!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card! I great work combining the sketches! Thanks so much for playing along at Pals Paper Arts!