Monday, October 13, 2014

Combat Boots

A friend of ours was recently promoted in the military, and I've been meaning to make a card for her.  Well, today is that day!


Not a very girly-lookin' card, but it is military!  And this is the maiden voyage for the new stamp set For Your Country (at least in my craft room).  I was a little stuck as to what to put on the bottom where the map is now; I don't have any current DSP that I thought would work but then I thought the map would be a good idea since my friend currently lives overseas.  And how do you like my color combo?  It's Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, and Soft Suede.  Some Real Red would have looked good in there too.

Anyway, I used the latest Freshly Made Sketch:
I really like that one, I could use it several times over and make completely different cards every time.

Anyway, I hope your week is off to a great start.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  For Your Country (boots), Bright & Beautiful (star), World Map (duh), Service & Sacrifice (sentiment, because it was perfect)
Ink:  Versamark, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Night of Navy, Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Star Framelits, Dimensionals, Early Espresso & Pewter EP

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

LOVE IT!!! And you know me and stars. I really like the color combo, too! Great job.

Amy O said...

What a perfect card for the occasion! And I love the map paper with it. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!