Thursday, February 5, 2015

Butterfly Thoughts

I mistyped my blog post title and for a second there, this was labeled Butterfly Thugs.  What would a butterfly thug even be like?!

Anyway, here's today's card:


I ordered the butterfly Framelits that are in the Occasions catalog but they're on backorder so I broke out the butterfly punches instead.  I got my color combination from Cupcake Inspirations:


And I haven't had breakfast yet, so I kinda want to just reach through the screen and grab that cupcake.

I also used the sketch from Sketch Frenzy Friday, been a while since I played along over there:


I thought this was a fun and different sketch, I relished the opportunity to play with it.

Anyway, I've got a busy day ahead so I should probably go get running.  First off, a poll if you will:  I do the Kindle First thing on Amazon, where at the beginning of the month I can get one of four books for $1.99.  Some months, none of the books are appealing to me, but this month, two of them are--The Mermaid's Sister and The Dead Key.  So which one do you think I should get?  I can only get one at the $1.99 price, the other one I'd have to preorder for $4.99.  I'm gonna go ponder while I run :)

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Too Kind
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Brushed Gold, Whisper White, Confetti Celebration DSP
Accessories:  Bitty Butterfly & Elegant Butterfly punches, Brights Candy Dots, Dimensionals

9 comments:

CCsMom said...

VERY nice. I love the colors, and I'm with you -- that cupcake looks delish!

Decided to take the full day off tomorrow (and Monday) so I'll be ready to come get you at the airport as soon as you land (yay!!!). Can't wait to see you. We'll eat lunch with Dad on Monday before I take you back to the airport since he's captive at work. It'll work.

I can't give you an opinion on either of those books as I don't have a clue what they are about. Sorry.

See you soon!!! Love you!

CCsMom said...

OK, although ANYTHING with "Mermaid" in the title has me immediately AND I love the looks of this book (the cover), from the synopsis, I would choose "The Dead Key". It sounds more interesting to ME, at least. But yeah, I LOVE mermaids.

Patrice Herrera said...

Thanks for playing along with us over a Sketch Frenzy Friday! You did a really great job with this sketch and that color combination rocked it! Layout plus color... Amazing!

Tina said...

adorable card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Sandy said...

Cute butterfly card! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT Sweetie

Terri said...

I really like your card & the color combo you chose for it. Thanks for creating with us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Nina Dee said...

What a great card! That Brushed Gold cardstock is so pretty in this color combo! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations :)

Alexis said...

I get one free since I'm a Prime member and chose the Mermaid one this month! Sounded good!

Kim Innis said...

Love your card AND the butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Frenzy Friday.