Monday, February 2, 2015

Ionian Sunset

Scrappy Monday, peeps!  I'm typing this one-handed since I've got a blueberry muffin in my left hand.  Can't leave that unguarded, Vader likes blueberry muffins almost as much as I do ;)


Today's scrapbook layout takes us back to Greece; this one goes right after last week's Olympia layout.  You can see the original pics here if you so desire.  I kept this layout super super simple to let the pictures be the star of the show.


My big deal lately seems to be mixing fonts on stamped titles; I did yet another scrapbook layout over the weekend using this same trick but with different alphabet stamps (I have...several alphabets, but I need more because I always need more, right?).  I showed this layout to the hubs and he's like "Ionian?  What's Ionian?" so I told him that we were in the Ionian Sea when we took these pictures.  And that sea was named after Io, who was hit on by Zeus and then he turned her into a cow to keep Hera from finding out, but Hera's not stupid, so she sent a gadfly to sting Io.  Personally, I think I would have sent the gadfly to sting the philandering husband, not the poor princess who wasn't allowed to say no to the king of the gods.

Greek scrapbook layout with a side of Greek mythology for your Monday morning.  You're welcome.


Every single color I used on this layout (except the Basic Gray marker) is now retired.  The Apricot Appeal and Certainly Celery were pulled over from the Olympia layout since these two go right next to each other, but I wanted a much softer color scheme for the sunset pics.

Lemme just pat myself on the back and say that I'm pretty happy with how this layout turned out.  And now it's time to take the doglets out for a walk; hopefully it's not too terribly muddy though it probably will be since it rained All. Day. Long. yesterday.  But Sadie hasn't been for a walk since last Wednesday and she's going stir-crazy, so here's hoping there's no more limping.

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Chere Amie, Spencerian Alphabet, Empire Alphabet
Ink:  Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Apricot Appeal, Afternoon Tea & Summer Picnic DSP
Accessories:  1 1/8" circle punch, white EP

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

That one picture on the right makes you look like the cat who ate the canary. What mischieviousness are you thinking about getting into?!!! Mimi would say you look like a Stinker Roo-Roo. I think she is right about that!