Thursday, February 26, 2015

Painted Pink

It rained all day long yesterday, and it's still gray, gray, gray today, but here at Snapdragon Stamps we're in the pink.


Yay pink!  I love pink.  Who am I kidding, I love color, period.  So anyway, I used the gorgeous springtime color palette from the Color Throwdown:


I used Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, and Crumb Cake.  Seems like I hadn't used Rose Red in a long time, at least until it showed up in the Painted Blooms DSP (which I didn't use on my card, since I stamped my own patterned paper).

Just for something different, I tried out the Mojo Monday Tall & Skinny sketch:

And apparently I paid insufficient attention when I jotted down the sketch, I totally missed that one background layer.  Too late now!  Anyway, for funsies, I also made this card over in the standard A2 size:


It's like a security blanket, the card proportions I'm used to.


And there they are together, tall & skinny and short & fat.  Hope no one ever thinks that when they see me standing next to the hubs...

Anyway, hope you have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Petals
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Old Olive
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

Uh, no -- no one would ever think you are short and fat. Now Lee, on the other hand, IS tall and skinny, although he's not as skinny as he used to be. He looks very nice. Thinking of it now, maybe they wouldn't think he is so tall and skinny.

I really like these cards. I do like the look of the tall and skinny one, but the shorter one is also fab. LOVE the colors on this. Very nice cards.

Vickie Z said...

Love the backgrounds you stamped!! Lovely! So glad you played along this week!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh, this background is just so pretty! Especially love the tall, skinny version! Thanks for playing along with us at color Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.