Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Flashback: Script Heart

Happy Friday and thanks for joining me on today's (rather late) Friday Flashback!  Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I have an appropriately lovey-dovey stamp set today:  Script Heart.  Oddly, it seems this little set is so obscure that it doesn't even have a Splitcoast gallery.  So let's get started!

Also features French Script

Honestly, I thought I hadn't used this stamp set at ALL so I was a little surprised to find this one in the archives.  And that's the entire flashback part of today's post, so here's my new creation:


There are other stamps in the set, like some floral bits that would be used in corners and a couple of sentiments in that same spidery script, but I like the big heart the best.

I wanted an extra-simple layout to let the ornate stamp be the star of the show.  I'm still loving my new firm foam ink pads and I'm slowly getting all the colors out of the wrappers...just for funsies, I've only been opening up new colors as I use them, because I was kind of curious to see what I would open up first and what would be left to the very last.  I don't think I've got even half the colors opened up yet, though Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, and Real Red joined the list this time.  (Garden Green was the very first one out of the wrapper, it is my favorite green!)

Speaking of colors, I must thank the lovely folks at the Color Throwdown for today's color palette:


I used Coastal Cabana, Perfect Plum, Real Red, and Pear Pizzazz, plus a bit of Sahara Sand for shading and a teensy bit of Crushed Curry for the violets' centers.  A scrap of patterned paper and some ribbon, and finito!

I hope y'all have a great Valentine's Day tomorrow.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Script Heart
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Perfect Plum, Coastal Cabana, Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand, Crushed Curry
Paper:  non-SU white (because it's thicker), Fresh Prints of Bel Air DSP stack (I never get tired of that joke)
Accessories:  Pear Pizzazz taffeta ribbon, corner rounder punch

4 comments:

Broni said...

Your coloring on the flowers is so lovely and I really like that script heart! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

CCsMom said...

Very nice. I like the newer card the best because the coloring is a bit more subtle. The earlier version, though, does look more vintage. Very pretty.

CCsMom said...

Oh, and I really like the shape of this heart. Really neat stamp.

Joan Ervin said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Christy...love the heart stamp you used and what beautiful coloring!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!