Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hellotus

So, if you've looked around Snapdragon Stamps even a little bit, you probably know I'm kind of addicted to patterned paper.  And if I don't use patterned paper, then I either stamp all over the panels or use an embossing folder or something like that.  Seems like I want to fill in every available space with *something* to look at.

Well, today, as a personal challenge, I decided to use only plain cardstock for all my background panels and only stamp the main image and sentiment.  What do you think?


I was going to just have the die-cut "hello" as the sentiment, but it just seemed to need a little something else in that space and it was driving me crazy so I gave in and stamped "friend" on it.  Still, I kinda like it because it kinda feels more graphic and clean to only have the solid colors on here.  Speaking of colors, I used the combo from Just Add Ink:


I admit, I haven't used much Rich Razzleberry since Blackberry Bliss appeared on the scene, so it was nice to break it out for this card.  I like these colors together quite a bit.

I also used the Mojo Monday sketch for this week:


You know I wouldn't come up with all those layers by my own devices ;)

Well, I've got to leave pretty soon here for my stitching group so I'll catch you later, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lotus Blossom, My Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Pool Party, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Pool Party, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, Hello You Thinlits, Dimensionals

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, I LOVE those colors. Just gorgeous. This makes the flower REALLY pop. Plus I love that punch you have. So cute. Is it difficult to adhere to the paper? How do you do it? Very nice card. I really do like that flower.

Tanya said...

I LOVE that flower in these colors!
And your card really looks great, even tho I completely understand wanting to fill the plain parts..! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! I'm a filler-inner, too, but less is definitely more with this stunning card! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!