Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Over the Hill

It's raining again today...just got back from a walk with my dogs, and we got sprinkled on even though my phone claimed it wouldn't start raining until around 11:00.  Oh well, at least we're not six feet deep in snow?


This is a birthday card for my father-in-law, whose birthday was over a week ago but I was asleep at the wheel.  Oops.  Maybe *I'm* the one having senior moments.

I thought this week's Nacho color challenge would be good for a masculine card:


And I also used the latest sketch from (CAS)E this Sketch:


I've got a couple other birthday cards I need to send out this week, so I'd better go write in them before the mailman gets here.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Just Sayin', Calendar Alphabet & Numbers (retired)
Ink:  Tangelo Twist, Crushed Curry, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Paper:  Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Confetti Celebration DSP
Accessories:  Ovals & Word Bubble Framelits, Dimensionals

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Cute, cute card. I love the #'s paper. Reminds me of a pillow I once made for a teacher that had ABC's on the fabric for the background. Just a cute, cute idea.

Hey, we had SNOW this morning. But it was pretty slushy with rain, too. Plus the temps have come back up and we're to get into the 40's today. No issues coming into work, thank goodness.

Hope you are having a great day!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

Yapha Mason said...

Fun card, Christy!I love that number paper. Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week!

Kathya said...

Love how you used the background paper, very cool. The Nacho colors look great! Thanks for creating with us at Nacho Average Challenges!

Anonymous said...

Nice masculine card!

Anne Hayward said...

Did you stamp the numbers on the Crushed Curry card stock? Wow, love it! This is a great masculine card, and I'm sure your father-in-law loved it!