Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hello Spring

Maybe that's wishful thinking, considering that it's really cold here in Alabama right now and I know it's a lot colder up north.  But I still have a springy card to share today.


The butterfly Thinlits were on backorder when I ordered them a while back, so I only just got them yesterday and I had to break 'em out immediately to make a card.  Since this die is so intricate, I ran it through the Big Shot with a piece of waxed paper in between the die and the cardstock--worked like a champ!

My springy color combo is courtesy of The Color Throwdown:


I used Pistachio Pudding, Garden Green, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Whisper White.  I think maybe the Cantaloupe is a bit pinker than the color swatch, but it was what stuck in my brain when I looked at the challenge.

The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches:


This card came together in no time flat, but I think it still looks pretty good :)  Gotta love those butterfly Thinlits!

Thanks for stopping by.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  A Dozen Thoughts
Ink:  Whisper White
Paper:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Garden Green
Accessories:  Butterflies Thinlits, Spring Flowers EF, rhinestone

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

Ooo, I REALLY like that butterfly. Great job -- love the embossed paper, too. And the colors are awesome. Does make me feel like I've had a splash of spring today! Very nice.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Simply beautiful! I just ordered a very similar butterfly die today... this is a good idea to CASE! :) Thanks for joining us for the Throwdown.

Wanda Cullen said...

Your butterfly is gorgeous against the embossed BG! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Color Throwdown!

Joan Ervin said...

Your butterfly is beautiful, Christy, and I love all the texture in the background!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge...it's always wonderful to see your cards in the gallery!!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous butterfly!! I am read for spring too!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!