Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Flashback: Lots of Thoughts

Happy Friday, peeps, and welcome to the Friday Flashback.  Today's Flashback set was a Sale-a-Bration set from 2008, and it's called Lots of Thoughts.  Buncha little sentiment stamps, but not a set I've used much.

Also features Fabulous Flowers and Paisley

I have lots of thoughts on this card, and they all start with "Ew" and go downhill from there.  This is The Ugly Card.  Mostly I don't like Bravo Burgundy too much, and that corset lacing thing is just...no, and even Fabulous Flowers looks less than fabulous here.  The whole card is a world of no.  So sometimes sketch and color challenges will lead you astray!  I had to redeem myself today.


Ok, this might not be my favoritest card in the universe, but it's loads better than The Ugly Card, right?  I mean, it's hard to go wrong with Swallowtail.  And we're continuing yesterday's pinkalicious theme with this color combination from Create with Connie and Mary, who did not steer me wrong today:


And the sketch (turned on its side) is from Freshly Made Sketches:


So yep, I finally made something with Lots of Thoughts that is at the very least presentable.  My work here is done for this week ;)  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Lots of Thoughts, Swallowtail
Ink:  Versamark, Blushing Bride, Rose Red, Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Rose Red, Whisper White
Accessories:  Gold EP, baker's twine from an old Paper Pumpkin kit, corner rounder punch, Dimensionals

9 comments:

CCsMom said...

I have never been a fan of orange-ish with purple, no matter WHAT shade (even peach). So the first card doesn't do it for me. LOVE the butterfly card, though, and the color combination. It's great. Very nice.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

The butterfly is beautiful especially with the the gold embossing. I like how you turned the sketch too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

Jen Mitchell said...

Your butterfly is gorgeously colored and looks especially good with the gold embossing. Gorgeous all around! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just gorgeous! Love how you've flipped the sketch on it side to fit your fabulous butterfly! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Your swallowtail is gorgeous embossed in gold then colored with the challenge colors!! What a wonderful Thank You card!! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary for the Color Challenge this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the gold embossed and colored butterfly, really gives it another dimension! I have a whole box of "what was I thinking" cards from when I first started stamping 14 years ago! But...many were the "style" then...fun look back! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Great way to combine several challenges! The butterfly is beautiful colored as you have done it! What a fun card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

Deb said...

I LOVE your butterfly card! That is fantastic! I love the gold embossing and the coloring! What a great way to use that stamp! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Your butterfly is soooo beautiful! I love how you used the gold embossing to really make things pop! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!