Monday, February 9, 2015

Go Away!

Me, not you :)  When we were getting ready to leave Okinawa, my coworkers set up a farewell lunch for me, and then one of the guys called it a "go away lunch" (which sounds like he couldn't wait to get rid of me...) and the name stuck and now it's immortalized in scrapbook form!


What's funny is when I started this layout, I had the pages reversed so the one with the title on it was on the right.  But I like it better this way, and how it looks like that patterned paper strip goes straight through even though I cut it so there would be a border of Melon Mambo between it and the photo.

Here's my rainbow-licious color palette:


I started out with all the colors in the Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP (one of my all-time favorite packs!) and then added Pumpkin Pie and Orchid Opulence to complete the rainbow.  I needed those two extra colors to do my title all multicolored.  Do you like the title?  (You can scroll back up to look, I'll wait.)  I can't seem to get away from mixed font titles but at least I used some different alphabets this time.

That's it for me today, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  Retro Alphabet Upper, Big Deal Alphabet, non-SU image
Ink:  Pacific Point, Orchid Opulence, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade, Memento Tuxedo Black; Basic Black marker, Blush Blossom marker, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, & Smoky Slate Blendabilities
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP
Accessories:  Circles Framelits

1 comment:

Tanya said...

hee hee, great way to come up with a title! :)