Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Lotus Thanks

Once upon a time, the hubs and I visited a botanical garden in Okinawa, and they had a long row of dozens of different kinds of lotus in pots.  I spent over an hour in the scorching heat taking pictures of them all.  They came in all different colors, but I clearly remember some that were white with pink tips.  So I made them into a card.


I'm on the laptop right now because the main computer seems to have a case of the Mondays (I know it's Wednesday, but apparently it doesn't) so the colors might be a bit off since I'm not used to using PC software anymore.  But anyway, I was also inspired by the latest challenge at Cupcake Inspirations:


They never fail to make me hungry :)  Anyway, you see where I got my pinks and the little bit of purple.

I also used the sketch from As You See It:


I only changed it up a teensy bit, moving the sentiment onto the circular element and changing the top embellishment to a butterfly.

And while I don't have any cupcakes in the house, it is lunchtime, so I'm gonna go rustle up some food :)  Thanks for stopping by and cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lotus Blossom
Ink:  Whisper White, Rose Red, Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand
Accessories:  Circle punches, Elegant Butterfly & Bitty Butterfly punches, Banners Framelits, Subtles Candy Dots, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tanya said...

This is beautiful!

CCsMom said...

Beautiful colors. I love how you can shade those flowers in all different ways!

Tina said...

beautiful card, lovely
thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Heather Cooper said...

Beautiful colours, Christy! I'm so glad you could share your lovely card with us at As You See It Challenges this week.

Nance said...

Stunning card! Beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope you join us again!

Indy's Designs said...

Oh those monochrome colors and those flowers...beautiful! So glad you were inspired by our flowers theme challenge at Cupcakes Inspirations!
Hugs, Debbie, DT Sweetie

Nina Dee said...

These flowers are so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week :)