Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Nachos: Sympathy in Pink & Gray

Happy Tuesday, Nacho fans!  It is time once more for a fantastic Nacho Average Color Challenge:


These colors would be perfect for a wedding card or a Valentine, and I was planning to use them to make a baby card, but I found out last week that a friend of mine recently lost her brother so I find myself in need of a sympathy card instead.






I like soft colors for sympathy cards, and these three fit the bill.  Still, for such a simple-looking card this seemed to take me forever!  It took at least 20 minutes looking through my patterned paper scraps for something that would work with what I had in mind, but then I found that soft dot pattern from last year's Watercolor Wonder paper.  Just what I needed.

I usually don't combine my Nacho cards with any other challenges, but I needed a sketch to make the process go faster so I turned to the gals at Create with Connie and Mary:


I think it's an interesting sketch, different from what I normally do, but I liked how my card turned out.

So anyway, I hope no one else out there needs a sympathy card so you can get to making the pretty Valentines or baby cards!  Check out the Nacho blog for more eye candy and then make your own :)

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Blooming with Kindness, Thoughts & Prayers
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate, Watercolor Wonder DSP
Accessories:  Sweetheart punch, white baker's twine

8 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Love the soft colors. Great for a sympathy card. I think the heart is a nice addition...because it is always someone's loved one who has passed. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

Deb said...

What pretty soft colors! I always love pink and grey! The heart is the perfect element with the banner! Love it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Beautiful card. The banner and heart combo looks great with the stamped image! Thanks for playing our challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love how you used the soft colors for your sympathy card; I never thought of putting a heart on this kind of card but it is very sweet and special! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Melissa Davies said...

Gorgeous card to honor a loved one's memory. So soft and delicate. Thanks for joining us in the Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

How soft and pretty! I love how you used the heart for one of the banners! Thanks for playing along this week in the create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...love the soft colors for a sympathy card. The heart and bow is a nice touch, too! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

What a beautiful card! Combining those colors for a sympathy card, plus the heart is really lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.