Thursday, September 7, 2023

A Pair of Bear Cards

Mornin' folks!  I have a pair of cards to share today and as advertised, there are BEARS in these woods!


The hubs and I are both Baylor Bears, so that might possibly influence me to buy alllll the bear things but why not when they're this cute!  I cut three bears out of the A Walk in the Forest DSP, stamped a tree from the coordinating Beary Cute stamp set, and then a sentiment from Easter Bunny to finish this card off.  I already know it's going to my fellow Baylor Bear, Missy : )

I had so much fun with that card, I decided to make a second one.  After all, there are TWO packs of DSP to coordinate with the bear stamps!


This time it's super cute polar bears!  And my friend Sarah loooooooves polar bears so I already know who gets this card, too!  This paper is called Beary Christmas but Sarah is Jewish, so I went with "warm wishes" for the sentiment instead of one of the Christmas ones.

Toldja I'd have to revisit the Paper Players theme challenge this week:


I could probably play along with this challenge for a solid month and never use the same stamp set twice.  Thanks to the Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch challenge for being the inspiration behind both my cards today:


Once I started playing around with cutting bits out of the patterned papers to use for the three rectangles in the sketch, both of my cards came together super fast.  Love it when that happens.  Every time we move, I feel like it takes some time to "break in" the new craft room space and kinda get comfortable in there, get my stamping groove back.  Especially when we move overseas since then I don't get to stamp for a couple of months while our stuff is shipped from one side of the globe to the other.  But now I'm getting my groove going and soon it'll be time to start a big surprise project...

Almost forgot the Cupcake Inspiration challenge!


This is the challenge that convinced me to pause Halloween cards and break out my new bear goodies : ) So thanks, Cupcake Inspiration team!

Cheers, y'all!  And sic 'em Bears! ; )

Supplies, all SU!, brown bear card:
Stamps:  Beary Cute, Easter Bunny
Ink:  Balmy Blue, Pretty Peacock, Garden Green
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Garden Green, Thick Basic White, A Walk in the Forest DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Glitter Sequins, Dimensionals

Supplies, all SU!, polar bear card:
Stamps:  Beary Cute
Ink:  Real Red, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight, Thick Basic White, Beary Christmas DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Glitter Sequins, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love both cards Christy but those polar bears are my favourite for sure - love that you used three panels too, DSP for the win! Thanks for playing along again with my theme over at The Paper Players this week!

Tanya said...

These are great! I love how you featured the DP's and I love sketches for exactly this reason- you can use similar products and get totally different cards! :)

Tarabeth Stamps said...


Super cute card! I love these little polar bears! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge.

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Christy! I LOVE both of these cards. This is the perfect layout for showcasing these amazing papers! I am so glad you played with The Paper Players this week!

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what a great polar bear card you created using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch!! The scenes are so sweet, and tying the tree embellishment into the trees from the paper is so apt! Thank you so much for sharing your happy card and creativity with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Kelly Parker said...

Love your cards, thank you for participating at Cupcake Inspirations!

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! The way you used these papers ROCKS!!! Love, love, love!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations

Leanne said...

Great card, such awesome layout and of course the bears awesome, and happy you played our “Bears” challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/CCC

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Very cute bear cards, Christy! If I had to choose a favorite it would be the Warm Wishes one, but both are great! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!