Thursday, September 14, 2023

Hello Fall

Hey y'all, how's it going?  It's a cloudy, dark day over here and I'm channeling Morticia Addams and absolutely loving it.  Fall is coming!

It arrived in my craft room on September 1 : )  And I have another fall card today!


I didn't buy this year's leaf stamp set (or last year's, even), so I pulled out Gorgeous Leaves from 2021 to play with, it is one of my favorite ever leaf stamps.  Check out this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Boho Blue, Night of Navy, and Crushed Curry for my colors.  The Boho Blue card base is coming across as more gray than it really is, but I promise it's blue.  And here is this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

I immediately thought snowman when I saw the sketch, but I really really wanted to stick with fall so I could play along with the irresistible Retro Rubber Challenge:


Fall is by far my favorite season so of course I have to participate in this challenge!  As I said before, Gorgeous Leaves is two years old, but I went extra super retro for the sentiment, Four You is at least 10 years old.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Not sure if I'm going to go up to my craft room, or watch another episode of Smallville before I take my car in for an appointment later this morning.  Either way it'll be fun!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Gorgeous Leaves, Four You
Ink:  Boho Blue, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Boho Blue, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Intricate Leaves dies, Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a clever way to combine all these challenges into one great CAS design! I love the fall even though it means winter is not far behind. Thanks so much for joining us at CTD this week! You are always such a faithful player!

Heather said...

Oh, gorgeous, Christy! This is one of my favorite leaf sets, and the color scheme is so crisp! Love that swath of woodgrain - totally trying that! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Christy! Love those pretty leaves! Perfect colour for fall! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ida said...

Love the CAS look of your card. The leaves and the background stamp work very well together. Fall is one of my favorite seasons so your card stood out to me.

Jen Timko said...

Your color combination is really pretty! Love the yellow leaves. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

Perfect for Fall! I love the strip of woodgrain with these pretty leaves. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!