Friday, September 1, 2023

Spooky Season Starts Now!

It is September first and as far as I'm concerned, that means that spooky season starts NOW!  I am manifesting fall with my fall fox shirt and I've got a Halloween-inspired card today!


I love Halloween stuff (the fun stuff, nothing scary), so last year I decided that this fall season I want to use all my Halloween stamp sets at least once, even the ones that have been retired for ages.  So we're kicking off this year's with Spooktacular Bash and the awesome Monster Mash DSP.  Really, if they'd made three more stamp sets with the characters from this paper, I would have bought them all : )  I used three patterns from the DSP, and the only stamping is the sentiment, which I heat embossed with Shimmer Black embossing powder.

Take a look at the Retro Rubber sketch:


Spooktacular Bash, the DSP, and the embossing powder all debuted in 2019, so they're four years old.  I also used two items from the Just Add Ink challenge:


I tore the Basic Black strip behind the spooky lady, and added some Crushed Curry baker's twine around the card front.  A few black rhinestones and I have my first Halloween card of the year!

Have a great weekend, peeps.  Check you later!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Spooktacular Bash
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Terracotta Tile, Crushed Curry, Monster Bash DSP
Accessories:  Ornate Frames dies, Dimensionals, Crushed Curry baker's twine, black rhinestones

5 comments:

Barb Finnical said...

Christy, I saw your card over at Retro Rubber and just had to come and say that this is so cute! I have some "ghoul friends" who would love a card like this! I saw your t-shirt too. It's so nice that fall is finally (even if unofficially) here!

Heather said...

Brilliant, Christy - I so loved this set! I still have mine too, though I think I finally used all my DSP last year, sob. So perfect for our sketch! Bring on the spooky! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Ida said...

Fabulous and Fun Halloween card. How cool that you used mostly DP for the card and only just stamped the sentiment.

KimB said...

This definitely a fun Halloween card Christy. Great mix of colour and quirky Halloween elements. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this! You've created a fabulous Halloween card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!