Friday, September 15, 2023

I Gotta Crow

Happy Friday, y'all!  Today Ryan got to have breakfast with his grandparents at school for Grandparents Day...but they had sausage, egg, and cheese burritos and he didn't like that, so he cried.  They got him to drink some orange juice but he was an unhappy little dude, so I'm going to be Nice Mama tonight and make him pancakes for dinner.  That's his favorite breakfast, even if it's not mine, but hopefully that will make up for breakfast burritos.  Ha!

Oh yeah, I said it was a cloudy, dark day yesterday?  Ended up being even darker than expected--we had a power outage for an hour or two yesterday morning, including Ryan's school.  He thought that was fun, but I suppose when you're a kid, anything that changes up the normal school routine is fun.  Happily the power wasn't out long enough to ruin the stuff in the fridge and we were back up and running by lunchtime.

Anywah, card!


I know I did a judgy chicken card for last Friday's post, but c'mon, these chickens are awesome.  (...awesomely JUDGY!)  And I couldn't resist when I saw the Card Concept challenge:


Of course I was inspired by the chicken on the wreath, and I used the colors Poppy Parade, black (just for stamping the chicken), Crushed Curry, and Pretty Peacock.  I used some blue gems that came out a couple of years ago, they're kind of an iridescent peacock-adjacent color, they reflected the light when I took the picture.  And the DSP is last year's color family paper, which is my all-time favorite.  Anyway, my card is in the clean and layered style thanks to the Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch:


Fun sketch, lots of scope for imagination as Anne Shirley would say.  I had fun putting this card together.

Have a great weekend, chicks!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hey Chuck
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Pretty Peacock, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Pecan Pie, Ivory
Paper:  Pretty Peacock, Crushed Curry, Thick Basic White, Poppy Parade DSP
Accessories:  Hey Chuck dies, Nested Essentials dies, Dimensionals, Blue Gems

7 comments:

Dena J said...

Those chickens are hilarious and I never tire of seeing how cleverly you use them :-) Fantastic color. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, love your chicken card and the pattern papers you chose for the panels in our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! Great coloring and composition!! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us... indeed you have "something to crow about"!!! -Donna

Polly said...

I just love this card! That stamp set is too cute! Great coloring used on the rooster! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how cute! I love it! So happy you played along at The Card Concept this week!

Karen Letchworth said...

SO cute. What a great take on our challenge. Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept and please join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love that fun rooster!!! Such a cute card!
Thanks for sharing it with us here at the Card Concept!
Hugs! Mackie

Karen K said...

Such a cute card Christy :) Love that chicken and how you used out colors. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concepts. Karen K (DT)