Friday, September 22, 2023

My Paper Pumpkin

Happy Friday!  I have five minutes before it's time to get Ryan out the door for school, so I'll try to get this post written quickly : )

Hold onto your hats, folks, I actually busted open a Paper Pumpkin kit and--gasp!--used some of the pieces.  (I have a very bad habit of buying the kits and then...never doing anything with them.)  So here is today's card:


I used this week's sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


I have lots and lots of older stamps I could have used for this card and I was all set to do just that until I saw the challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


The colors and textures in the inspo photo are a pretty good match for the most recent Paper Pumpkin kit, which I just got in the mail this week.  And this Paper Pumpkin kit includes literal paper pumpkins : )  The linen pattern in the background was part of a box I think; the leafy pattern was the liner in the envelopes that came in the kit, and the Lost Lagoon pattern was cut from a 3x3 card.  A pre-printed paper pumpkin and leaf, a few speckled dots, and one stamped sentiment and there's my card.  I think this took all of ten minutes to put together.

Okay, Ryan is putting on his shoes so we're out the door momentarily.  Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  My Paper Pumpkin September 2023 kit
Ink:  Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Crumb Cake, papers from the kit
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Speckled Dots, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Melissa Grant said...

How soft and pretty Christy, perfect for the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday!

Laurie Unger said...

Love the textures on this wonderful card. Awesome job with the sketch. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

Heather said...

Beautiful, Christy! I was so bummed that my kits didn't arrive in time to use for this challenge - I think it was made for it! I LOVE to see Pumpkin alternatives, this one is a real beauty! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Jenny Engelke said...

This is so pretty, Christy! The colors are so beautiful together and what a lovely layout design! You nailed it! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what a beautiful take on our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! Such a lovely palette and use of patterns!! Thank you so much for joining us once again to share your creativity!!! -Donna

Stampin Expressions said...

This card is perfect for this inspiration challenge! The colors and the designs! So pretty! I am like you I hoard all my paper pumpkins also. Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Wow, Christy! This card turned out great. Love the sketch and your use of the PP kit for the HSS mood board. Thanks for joining us this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT