Friday, September 8, 2023

Rise & Shine!

Happy Friday, y'all!  I'm hoping I get to sleep in tomorrow...seems like all week I've been waking up around 4:30 in the morning and not been able to get back to sleep.  Um, I need that extra hour!  I feel like 5:30 is quite early enough to be getting up, thankyouverymuch.  And today's card features a couple of rather judgy chickens.


I'll rise, but I won't shine : p  Chickens always make me think of my great-grandmother's house.  She didn't have chickens, but her next-door neighbors did, so chickens are forever linked in my mind to Mimi's house.  Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I used Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Cherry Cobbler, and at the last minute remembered to toss a couple of gold sequins on my card front.

Confession time:  I loved the sketch and the colors, but it took me AGES to figure out how to combine them this week!  I actually made a completely different card first, using the colors but not the sketch; I may post that one tomorrow.  I went through my current stamps a couple of times and nothing was coming to me...I kept thinking leaves but I don't have any current fall leaf sets, and I kinda wanted to use newer stamps.  Then I finally noticed Hey Chuck, which hadn't even been inked up yet, and then this card happened pretty fast--turns out those bright fall colors are also great for judgy chickens!

That's it for me today, peeps.  Have a good Friday!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hey Chuck
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Pecan Pie
Paper:  Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Thick Basic White, Pumpkin Pie DSP
Accessories:  Hey Chuck dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Mini Dimensionals, gold sequins from a past Paper Pumpkin kit

5 comments:

Kim S said...

I totally love those guys and what a fun layout with one of them standing on the sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Vickie Z said...

Lovin' those chicks!! I too have been afflicted with the 4:30 am wake up and believe 5:30 is early enough :-) So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Those chickens totally made me laugh out loud! Such a fun fall card! So glad you joined us at CTD this week!

Ida said...

Such a fun card. You did a great job combining both the sketch and the colors. I admit I also struggled with the colors and how to combine them together. Those chickens crack me up.

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a super fun card! These rich fall colors are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.