Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Silver Fox

Mornin' y'all!  I'm missing last week's rainy days, we're back up in the 90s this week and I'm just ready for fall to get here already.  But I can have a rainy day in my craft room anytime, and that's what I did yesterday.


I took four pictures of this card in various lighting situations, and this was the best I could get.  I was intrigued by the mood board challenge at Inkspirational:


So. Cool.  I decided to pull the colors and went with Pool Party, Berry Burst, Smoky Slate, and Pumpkin Pie.  I was going to color the fox in with Pumpkin Pie and then decided to make him gray instead, I like it.  And then I needed more Pumpkin Pie accents, so I used my dark Blend to color in some clear rhinestones to use on my card.

I also had to play along with the Cupcake Inspirations challenge:


I always love me a good plaid, and this was just the excuse I needed to use my new Sketched Plaid background stamp.  Actually it took me like five tries to get a look I liked; I tried it in Pool Party ink, and then Smoky Slate ink, then I settled on white but it still took me two tries to get the raindrops to look right.  I added some Wink of Stella to Mr. Fox's umbrella but it doesn't show in any of the pictures so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I think today I might have to do some scrapping...though I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to start my big project.  The hubs and I have our twentieth wedding anniversary coming up next month, and guess who has NOT made a scrapbook from our wedding?  I thought that would be a great surprise for when my hubs can rejoin us (he's deployed) but I definitely have pre-project paralysis happening.  Wish me luck.

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Playing in the Rain, Sketched Plaid
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White, Pool Party, Stampin' Blends in Smoky Slate, Berry Burst, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Pool Party, Berry Burst, Smoky Slate, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Playing in the Rain dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Basic Rhinestones

5 comments:

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE that subtle plaid background!! The colors you used are fabulous. I love the deep orange with the purple. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful card Christy! Sweet little fox enjoying the rain - love the drops falling through your plaid background and the gray sentiment strip is perfect for your rainy sentiment! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

Marina said...

This raises a smile! Great use of the colours and I love the wavy layers and the check background beneath the rain. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

Leanne said...

Love this card, the softness of the plaid and the bold image colored is so great. Thank you for playing our Plaid challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, have a great day!
Leanne DT Member/CIC

Kelly Parker said...

Love your card, that little fox is adorable!! thanks for playing at Cupcake Inspirations.