Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Studious Bird

Mornin', y'all!  I am very excited that Texas is finally starting to get with the fall program, the high temps have been below 90 for the past couple of days and I am Here For It.  I got a new electric kettle and I have been using it every day since the beginning of September to make tea : )  I do love a cuppa every day.  Okay, multiple cuppas.

Anyway.  Card!


I do so love the Bird's Eye View stamp set :)  Check out the sketch from Inspire. Create.:


I copied down the sketch in a notebook and took it upstairs to my craft room, so my proportions and placement are a bit off from the original sketch.

And here is the color challenge from the Paper Players:


And this was definitely a challenge!  I didn't add any colors unless you count white, or a teensy bit of Crumb Cake with the embellishments.  I don't have the Blends for the In Colors yet (well, I think I have Boho Blue, but none of the other ones), so I inked up the stamps with Versamark and Pebbled Path, then heat embossed with clear EP so I could watercolor.  Wild Wheat (Barley Barf) will never be my favorite color, but I like it okay with the other colors in this palette.  Have to say I love Pretty Peacock and Copper Clay together.  Anyway, I'll have to pick up the Blends for the other In Colors next time I do an SU! order, but for now, watercoloring works.  And I think Bird's Eye View might be my go-to stamp set for when I don't know what to do with a particular color combination, I can see them working for just about anything!

Have a great day, peeps.  I need to get this week's batch of cards ready to go out in the mail, and make some more : )  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bird's Eye View, Rhino Ready
Ink:  Versamark, Pebbled Path, Copper Clay, Wild Wheat, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Pretty Peacock, Wild Wheat, Copper Clay, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, clear EP, Dimensionals, Speckled Dots

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Christy, Such a cute card. I agree that this set is a perfect go to. It is perfect for any occasion- just add a sentiment. Thanks for taking part in these fun challenges! Suzy

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I really like this set too Christy and I think you might be right - works in so many colours! I love the tone-on-tone panels here and the watercoloured bird allows the softer colouring to really stand out. I think this card might have sold me on the deckle rectangles - I love the edge detail! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week - and enjoy your cuppa!

Jaydee said...

Christy, you incorporated the colors beautifully and I am obsessed with your owl. I agree with Joanne, the tone on tone stamping is fabulous. I also love the CAS feel of your card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week and thanks for rocking my challenge
Jaydee

Tammy said...

Christy--this is so perfectly cute!! Love the offset books in the background, and your beautiful coloring on the bird!! Thanks for sharing at Inspire.Create!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love your little owl and the way you used the color combo this week! Just perfect! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!