Thursday, August 12, 2021

Amazing Tiger

Hey, y'all!  I had some trouble focusing yesterday morning in my craft room, but I finally found my groove and ended up making a whole bunch of cards.  I'm particularly proud of the one I'm sharing today.


One of my favoritest people in the entire world was my friend Neelu, and she loved tigers.  She died of cancer a few years ago and every time I see anything tiger-related I think of her.  So of course that's why I bought the Wild Cats stamp set and dies.  This card ended up being pretty busy, but I think I like it!  The two patterns of DSP are actually both sides of one sheet, how's that for thrifty?

I started out with the Sunday Stamps color challenge:


Hopefully the colors of the In the Wild DSP are a close enough match--I used Soft Succulent, Cajun Craze, Merry Merlot (in the jungly DSP), and Evening Evergreen, only leaving out the purple.

I paired that with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And I thought I'd enter this at As You See It since I love tigers because I associate them with Neelu:


Apparently I have LOTS of favorite animals ;)

Have a great day, peeps.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wild Cats, Ornate Thanks
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Evening Evergreen, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Soft Succulent, Thick Basic White, In the Wild DSP
Accessories:  Big Cats dies, Layering Ovals dies, Potted Succulents dies, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Heather said...

Great choices, Christy! Neelu would have loved this, I know! Love your combo of DSPs here! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A fabulous tiger Christy and you're right, those 2 DSP patterns do work well together. A lovely reminder of your friend too. Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It this week for a second entry!

Jen Timko said...

Your friend surely would have loved this! What a fun use of that paper too. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jan Clothier said...

:-) Lovely. Thanks for joining us at As You See It - again.

Annette Elliott said...

Hi, Christy. Your card is roarin' good. lol Your tiger is almost hiding in the jungle paper! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge this week at Sunday Stamps!