Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Poppy Power

Howdy, folks!  How's it going?  Yesterday I placed a big fat order from the SU! holiday catalog and then I had a wee bit of time in my craft room before I had to go pick up the kiddo.  Wanna see what I made?


I actually had to leave it half-done to go pick Ryan up, and then finish it after I got him back home.  I've been working on organizing and cataloging my dies and punches lately, and it occurred to me that I don't think I had ever used the Poppy Moments dies to, ya know, make a die-cut poppy.  So here's two!  I cut out the poppies and then built the rest of my card around them.  Poppy season around here has pretty much been and gone; now it's sunflowers and something else--maybe gladiolus?--in the blumen fields on the edge of town.  We should go back out there and take pictures.

Anyway, I was inspired by the Global Design Project theme challenge:


POPPY POWER!!!  Which actually makes me think of Scrappy on the Scooby-Doo cartoons (his catchphrase was "Puppy Power") but I like these poppies better than Scrappy.  He was always the most annoying character :)

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Ornate Thanks
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red
Paper:  Pool Party, Real Red, Poppy Parade, Basic Black, Garden Green, Old Olive, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Poppy Moments dies, Tailored Tag punch, Dimensionals

No comments: