Thursday, August 5, 2021

Thinking of the Seaside

Hey y'all, how's it going today?  Once again I am reaching back for some retired sets to make my card :)


I had so much fun with last week's Freshly Made Sketch that I had to give it another whirl.  I liked this week's theme challenge at the Paper Players:


I paired that with the Color Throwdown:



I used Crumb Cake, Gray Granite, and Whisper White.  I'll be honest, I don't like gray and brown together, so it was definitely a challenge to me to come up with a way to combine them that didn't make my eye twitch ;)  I stamped the Seaside Notions stamps with Gray Granite and then sponged the edges of each panel with Crumb Cake, and for a finishing touch I added some highlights with a chalk marker.  When I added the sentiment, it seemed like it was much too bright for the rest of the card so I sponged on a bit of Crumb Cake ink there too.

Hope you have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Seaside Notions, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Gray Granite
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Word Window punch, mini Dimensionals

6 comments:

Debbie Crowley said...

A beautiful display of seashells and a great layout. I love how you shaded the shells with white. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

LeAnne said...

This is very cool, I love the white accents. And truthfully, when I first saw the card, the shaded edges made it look like a window box! I was impressed with your cleverness! I am still impressed, it's a lovely card and you did well with the color challenge too! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the detail on your panelled shell-inspired card Christy and the neutral tones are really effective. Thanks for playing along with our seaside themed challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Ida said...

This is really nice. That layout was a fun one and I like how you accented the shells with the white.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your beach theme using these neutrals! Thanks for joining us at CTD!

Donna3d said...

Fantastic card Christy!