Tuesday, August 3, 2021

SUO Challenges: School Days

Who's ready for a new challenge from SUO Challenges?  Because that's what we have today!


If the stores are anything to judge by, kids will be going back to school soon...so our theme this time around is school days!  I didn't have any current stamps that really fit that theme, but I do have a retired stamp set that I had never played with before (oops).  So this challenge gave me a great excuse to finally ink up Check You Out!  In fact, I had so much fun I made three things.


My coworker Faith is going to school for a degree in nutrition science, and she had some finals last week so I made this card for her.  I know her favorite color is orange, which is why I chose Tangelo Twist (also retired) for the card base, and I added Call Me Clover and Chocolate Chip just because I liked them together.


For this one, I was inspired by the color combination of a scrapbook layout I shared recently (which also partially inspired my first card, but I didn't have anywhere to put Daffodil Delight on that one).  This time around I used Call Me Clover for the main color and let Tangelo Twist and Daffodil Delight be supporting colors.  And I managed to use up some small scraps of DSP!


Last up is this bookworm-y bookmark, how cute is he?  I knew I wanted the bookworm to be Granny Apple Green, so I just chose other Brights colors for his stack o' books:  Magenta Madness (okay it's an In Color but it is definitely bright), Gorgeous Grape, and Pacific Point.  And now I have a one-of-a-kind bookmark :D

Hope you'll join us for our new challenge at the SUO Challenges blog.  Don't forget to check out the rest of the design team's cards, they're so creative and cute!

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  Check You Out, So Happy For You
Ink:  Tangelo Twist, Chocolate Chip, Call Me Clover, Versamark
Paper:  Tangelo Twist, Call Me Clover, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Rectangles Stitched dies, white EP, Dimensionals

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  Check You Out
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Call Me Clover, Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist
Paper:  Call Me Clover, Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist, Thick Basic White, Daffodil Delight & Tangelo Twist DSP scraps
Accessories:  Circle punches, Dimensionals

Supplies, bookmark:
Stamps:  Check You Out
Ink:  Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point, Gorgeous Grape, Magenta Madness
Paper:  Magenta Madness, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  retired double rectangle punch, retired Lemon Lime Twist ribbon

No comments: